Sunday, August 21, 2011

Perilous Journey - The Beginning

Today I start my journey as a doctorate student for a Doctor of Nursing (DNP) degree from Duke University.  Tomorrow I will officially become a Duke Blue Devil (ugh!, I hate that Devil part).  I am excited yet I also have a lot of nervous energy so I've decided to do what I find comforting and that is to blog about my experience.  Today I flew into Raleigh-Durham and chilled with my new found friend and classmate, Miyesha.  I thank God for sending an angel to walk this journey with me.  We are sharing a hotel room, rental car, and, more importantly, this perilous rocky journey as doctoral nursing students together.  God always shows up and shows out when you need him the most and he knows what, when, how, where, and the timeliness of what we need at all times.  Peace be still.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." 
Holy Bible, Psalm 23:4

No comments:

Post a Comment